Thursday, January 24, 2019

My Favorite News Sources


- When I think of news, I usually think of the NYT. It's an incredibly reliable source of information, with many different articles and a quick little one-sentence article summary beneath each title to provide just a bit more incentive to read it. It's always my go-to for information for not just news, but anything really - if I find a New York Times page on something I'm researching, I will always use it as a source.


- Another incredibly reliable source with a variety of different articles and sentence-long summaries to incentivise me to read them, The Washington Post makes itself stand out with its breaking news articles, which are shown as a headline at the top of your browser while they are breaking. In addition, it groups articles with similar themes and titles together, making navigating and finding articles much easier. The Washington Post is always an easy source of information, and the diversity of articles it covers makes it a go-to for news and information.


- Like the NYT, NBC is a very reliable source with many different articles, and it even organizes them into different categories like "U.S. News," "Climate Change," and "Politics News." While it may not have the article summaries of the NYT, and the prevalence of advertisements is a bit annoying, NBC is still one of my go-tos for news simply for its diverse articles and accurate news reports.


- CNN is in a similar boat as NBC; reliable source, variety of articles, and organization of said articles into categories to make locating them easier. It alse groups similar articles together, like the Washington Post. It doesn't have as many ads as NBC, but they're still there, which tends to tick me off. Still, it has been one of my most reliable news sources for a long time now, and I don't think that will change anytime soon.


- While not really a news source or anything I would use in a paper/presentation, it's a quick and easy way to get caught up when I feel out of the loop. Still, if I want anything more detailed or specific, I usually use one of the other sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment